(click on the text to highlight each stage):
- Heat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, gas 4. Line a cup cake tin with 12 paper cupcake cases.
- Place the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon or electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the eggs a little at a time until smooth, adding a little flour if the mixture curdles.
- Beat in the peanut butter, then fold in the flour until evenly mixed
- Place heaped dessertspoon full in each cupcake case and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- When cool, cut a little hole out of the centre of each cake using the point of a knife. Spoon a little jam inside each one and push the cake back into the hole.
- To make the icing; beat the peanut butter, butter and icing sugar together until smooth, adding a drop of boiling water if necessary, Spread on top of the cakes and top with a few peanuts if liked. These cakes will keep for 2 days in a sealed cake tin.