(click on the text to highlight each stage):
- Heat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas 4. Line a cup cake tin with 12 paper cupcake cases.
- Place the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon or electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the eggs a little at a time until smooth, adding a little flour if the mixture curdles.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, mixed spice, and treacle and raisins and stir well until evenly mixed.
- Place heaped dessertspoon full in each cupcake case and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Brush the top of the cakes with a little jam. Roll out the marzipan thinly and using a fluted biscuit cutter cut out 12 small circles of marzipan. Place on top of the cakes and press chocolate eggs or sugar paste flowers made from coloured ready to roll icing on top. ( If liked you can secure them in place with a little icing if necessary).