(click on the text to highlight each stage):
- Place the flour and butter in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Alternatively rub the butter into the flour by hand.
- Add the sugar and orange zest and pulse again / or mix with a spoon until the mixture starts to get sticky. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and lightly knead so that the dough comes together to form a smooth ball. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, gas Mark 4. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface to the thickness of about 5mm, pressing it together if it cracks a bit. Cut out with 16 x 6cm/5cm cutters, re-rolling the dough until it has all been used. Cut out a smaller round shape out of half the rounds.
- Lay the biscuits on the baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes until pale golden. Remove, transfer to a wire rack and leave until cold.
- Place the strawberry flavoured icing sugar into a large bowl and mix in 1 tbsp warm water. Add the butter and mix together with a blender or whisk until light and fluffy. Spread the icing over the full biscuits and top with a thin layer of jam then the remaining biscuits. Leave to set for 30 minutes and then enjoy!