(click on the text to highlight each stage):
- Place all of the ingredients (except the topping) into a mixer with a dough hook attached.
- Mix to a soft dough and knead for 5 minutes.
- If mixing by hand, put the flour, sugar, salt and porridge oats into a bowl and sprinkle on the yeast.
- Mix to a soft dough with the water.
- Knead on a floured board for 10 minutes.
- Roll the bread dough into a rectangle, spread most of the cinnamon butter over the dough,roll up into a sausage shape sealing the edges and twist into an ‘S’ shape.
- Brush with remaining butter and place onto a greased baking sheet. Leave to prove until double in size. Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/Gas Mark 5.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes