(click on the text to highlight each stage):
- Lay a large sheet of cling film over a muffin tin. Ease the cling film into each muffin hole.
Crumble the shredded wheat into a bowl to break it into small pieces
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and put into a bowl standing over a pan of simmering water.
Add the butter and syrup.
- Heat gently, so all the ingredients melt and mix together. Make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl or the chocolate will go grainy. When all the ingredients are melted remove the bowl from the heat and add the shredded wheat to the chocolate mixture and stir to coat the shredded wheat in the chocolate mixture
- Spoon the mixture into the cling film lined holes. Using the back of a teaspoon push the middle of each nest down to make a little 'hollow' or 'nest'. When cooled remove the nests from the muffin holes and sit in turned out paper cakes. Top each nest with a few mini chocolate eggs
- Why not try replacing shredded wheat with rice krispies or corn flakes.
Add a handful of mini marshmallow to the melted chocolate mix for added chewiness.