(click on the text to highlight each stage):
- Put the flour, salt, figs and yeast into a bowl.
- Add the honey, butter, egg and water and mix to a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Shape into a round loaf shape or palce in a 700g loaf tin. Cover with a damp tea towel and leave to prove in a warm place for about an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Pre-heated the oven to 220°C/200°C Fan /Gas Mark 7. Remember the top tip of placing a tray of water in the bottom of the oven!
- After 10 minutes reduce the heat to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas Mark 6 and continue baking for a further 20 - 25 minutes.
- Cool on rack.