(click on the text to highlight each stage):
- For the biscuits: heat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, gas 4. Grease 2 baking trays.
- Put the flour into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, vanilla and egg yolks and mix to a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a thickness of about 5mm|1/4\" thick. Using a cutter or template cut out ghost and pumpkin shapes.
- Place on the baking trays and bake for 18-20 minutes until turning pale golden around the edges. Cool on the trays for 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool.
- For the decoration: Make up the royal icing sugar as directed on the packet. Put just under half the icing into another bowl and stir in a few drops of orange colouring.
- Put a small amount of icing into a small bowl and stir in a few drops of green colouring.
- Using a small palette knife, spread the icing generously over the biscuits. Use the green icing to from the pumpkin \'stalks\'.
- Roll small pieces of black Ready to Roll icing for the ghost \'eyes\' and attach. Put 2 dots of white icing in the centre of the \'eyes\'. Leave to set.