(click on the text to highlight each stage):
- Heat the lemon juice and fruit gently until the strawberry juice runs freely.
- Add the sugar, stir until it has dissolved and boil rapidly until a test shows a moderate set.
Test to see if the jam is setting:
Take a spoonful of the jam put it on a saucer and leave until cold. It should then have formed a light jelly which will wrinkle when the saucer is tilted. Whilst the test is cooling continue to boil the jam slowly.
- Remove the scum from the top of the jam.
- Leave the jam to cool in the pan until it has cooled slightly and beginning to thicken.
- Stir in the Pimms
- Pour the jam into clean, warm jars and cover immediately.
- Note- By allowing the jam to cool in the pan the fruit doesn't rise to the top of the jar but remains suspended in the jam.